Immanuel United Methodist
Minister of Discipleship and Spiritual Growth
Lakeside Park, KY
Posted on: February 12, 2013
|Report this listing|
| ASSOCIATE MINISTER OF DISCIPLESHIP AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH
Summary: The goal for a person in this ministry position is to develop and lead ministries which make Christian disciples and foster their spiritual growth toward Christ-like maturity, in accordance with God's will as revealed in Scripture, and the overall values, mission and vision of Immanuel UMC. The right mix of spiritual and emotional maturity, evangelical passion, interpersonal skill, and commitments to excellence, teamwork, and a positive servant attitude are essential for a leader in this ministry.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Development and leadership of comprehensive and holistic plan for discipleship and spiritual growth for all ages (with direct responsibility for all areas of adult discipleship and spiritual growth).
2. Recruitment, training, supervision of all leaders involved in discipleship and spiritual growth ministries.
3. Develop and lead a new ministry to better manage and utilize volunteer leaders in the church (lay ministry).
4. Emerging ministries – must identify needs and opportunities for developing new ministries (including changes to, or the discontinuation of existing ministries) to help the church realize its vision and mission.
SPIRITUAL QUALITIES (Generally required for all Immanuel Ministry Staff Members)
1. Must be a growing Christian, deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as Savior and Lord, and modeling this faith relationship to others (I Timothy 3:1-13). This must include a visible commitment to prayer, submission to the authority of Scripture, and dedication to living out the truth of God's Word (2 Tim 3:16).
2. Must have a clear calling from God to serve in full time Christian leadership in a local church.
3. Desirable spiritual gifts: leadership, administration, discipling, encouragement, teaching, faith, service.
4. Must be willing to support the realization of the church's vision, mission, core values, and biblical priorities.
5. Dedicated to the development of God's people in all areas of Christian discipleship.
6. Must be evangelical who recognizes that every person has two essential needs: (1) a personal relationship with Christ as their Savior and Lord; (2) a church home to help them grow in that relationship.
7. Must manifest personal growth toward holiness in character and moral purity, must practice celibacy in singleness, or fidelity in marriage, and strive to be above reproach in all moral behavior.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / ESSENTIAL SKILLS / RESPONSIBILIITES
1. While not required, preference will be given to candidates with a Seminary or Theological degree with coursework in areas such as Christian Education, Discipleship, and Spiritual growth.
2. While not required, preference will be given to candidates who are ordained as Deacons or Licensed as Local Pastors in the United Methodist Church. Strong, experienced, lay candidate
|Job Title:||Minister of Discipleship and Spiritual Growth|
|Time Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||50,000 - 60,000|
|Church Size:||1000 - 1500|
|Organization Name:||Immanuel United Methodist|
|Contact Name:||Dr. Kelly McClendon|
|Address1:||2551 Dixie Hwy|
|State or Province:||KY|
|Map this Organization:||Map|
|Contact Email:||Contact this Organization|
|Organization Website:||Please login to view|
|Contact Phone:||Please login to view|
|Contact FAX:||Please login to view|