St John Baptist Church, located in Columbia, MD, is currently seeking an Innovative Technology Solutions Specialist to join our team on a full-time basis.
SJBC is a spirit filled organization looking to connect with our members and guests through technology in this ever changing world. We require someone that is technologically savvy and knows their way around the world of social media.
Purpose: Lead, manage and oversee the delivery of all information and communication technologies, user support and customer services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities-
Information Technology Responsibilities:
1. Develop an IT vision for the church.
2. Assist with and direct the implementation of the IT vision for the
3. Update and maintain the church's web presence internally and
This would include, but not be limited to Fellowship One (the church
membership database), the church website, and any social media tools
that the church is currently using or would consider using.
1. Manage and develop a comprehensive technology strategy to facilitate
the church's goals and objectives.
2. Evaluate new technologies for relevance to overall technology strategy
with focus on industry best practices, efficiency, and cost
3. Develop and provide direction on technology policies and standards for
all current and future technology tools implemented for church business
operations to include security, operational service level agreements,
periodic upgrades and maintenance, and end-user support.
Relevancy and Networking Responsibilities:
1. Routinely identify emerging technologies,and effectively manage the
integration of new technology into the church infrastructure with focus
on cost and efficiency.
2. Provide direction to leadership on efficient use of technology in
communicating information to ministry members/leaders, and church
programs and events to members and the community at-large.
3. Partner with important stakeholders to build a strong direction and
future for the church's technology both within and outside of the
4. Stay abreast of cutting-edge technologies,industry best practices and
solutions by attending technology conferences and seminars with
particular focus on technology as applied to religious and/or
community not-for-profit organizations.
1. The position requires extensive experience in serving organizational
missions in close alignment with the strategic priorities of the
2. Possess sound negotiation skills to leverage organizational purchasing
power and to draw up the best contracts and service level agreements.
3. Must be a strong self-starter, possess ability to take initiative and
capable of working in a fast-paced environment; possess strong
organizational skills; ability to lead and manage effectively in a
multi-task setting; above average knowledge and use of MS Office
applications; working knowledge of MS Outlook, and MS Project a plus.
Familiarity with database management and operational and analytical
reporting solutions and web-site development experience is a plus.
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of IT management experience in the field of information technology, project management and supervision
Education Level: Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field
Compensation: $60,000 to $70,000
Benefits: Health Insurance Contribution, Paid life Insurance, Paid Sick and Vacation Leave, SEP Retirement Plan
Work Schedule: Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes as soon as possible to email@example.com.
Only those candidates meeting the requirements in the position description and having the experience required will be contacted for an interview. No
phone calls please.
A complete position description has been attached to this listing. You can also visit our website www.stjohnbaptistchurch.org to see a complete listing of open positions.