|JOB TITLE: Lighting Designer and Stage Technician|
REPORTS TO: Worship Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for theatrical lighting for Worship Center events and for the design and implementation of various stage sets. May also be responsible for providing general AVL support for events as needed.
SCHEDULE: Average of 24 hours a week. Hourly position that requires flexible hours, including some nights and weekends.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and an application to Matt Mylin mattm@worshipcenter_noemail
A. Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Degree or equivalent work experience in the field of theatrical lighting design.
B. Experience: Minimum 2 years lighting experience. Theatrical/Concert lighting experience preferred.
Knowledge of DMX, ART NET, Streaming ACN and Jans Vista, and Vectorworks or CADD software preferred. Basic audio and video knowledge/experience preferred. Boom lift experience (not afraid of heights).
C. License/Certification: Valid PA driver's license.
D. Specific Abilities: Ability to function independently. Good time management. Utilize good judgment and problem-solving skills; good technical and multitask skills; a self-starter/self-motivator; is eager to learn and grow; is dependable, a quick learner, and is detailed; possesses good team-leadership and project management skills.
1. Provides direct oversight, maintenance, and repair of all Worship Center lighting equipment. This includes the main auditorium, children, and student areas, as well as developing new lighting systems to keep the department growing.
2. Provides lighting designs and programming for all Worship Center events.
3. Provides running of lights for other events as needed.
4. Develop and maintain lighting budget.
5. Builds a volunteer team to work with lighting and to provide coverage for various events as needed.
6. Completes project list and performs other duties as assigned by the Worship Director.
1. Designs and implements various stage sets.
2. Oversees stage crew and manages stage change-overs.
3. Develop and maintain stage budget
WC STAFF CORE VALUES:
1. A growing relationship with Jesus
Loving God and loving others is the core of who we are
Staying grounded in God's Word and filled with the Holy Spirit is the best gift we can give to each other and the church
Be real, open, and humble; have a servant's heart
Integrity and character matter
We live out what we say we believe and teach, e.g. the value of relationships, serving, tithing, generosity, etc.
3. Work hard and have fun!
Enthusiastic, positive, faith oriented attitude
Can-do, make it happen mindset
Don't take ourselves too seriously
4. Honest_noemailmunication with coworkers
Believe-the-best is the default position
Have each other's backs; builds trust
Don't let conflict or disappointment go underground – resolve it, Matt 18:15
We always bring our best
We are resourceful and make the most of what we have
Excellence honors God and inspires people
6. Volunteers rock!
Serving our volunteers is a priority – "how can I help?"
Engaging others is better than doing it myself
We can't do it without them!
7. People really, really matter
We accept and love people right where they are
We will do everything we can to reach people
We will treat everyone with respect
People are more important than policy