| Worship Leader Profile|
Grace Baptist Church, a congregation of 350 attendees in Salem, Oregon, is seeking the man God has called to lead in its worship and adult ministries. The majority of this full time position will focus on worship ministries. Both roles will contribute to developing mature believers who are reaching the lost for Christ.
A candidate should:
1. Be a mature follower of Christ who believes in the vision and the statement of faith of Grace Baptist Church.
2. Value personal and corporate worship.
3. Possess a theologically-grounded vision of worship and adult ministries.
A candidate should be experienced and able to:
4. Foster an environment for a multi-generational congregation to engage in the worship of God.
5. Embrace the concept of team ministry and be an integral part of building, leading and equipping members of the congregation.
6. Coordinate themes of worship with the Senior Pastor.
7. Utilize a broad range of resources to help people engage in worship.
8. Plan and lead worship services.
9. Recruit, develop and shepherd musicians and worship leaders.
10. Direct musicians (praise band, choir, soloists, vocal praise team, other instrumentalists, etc.) in various capacities.
11. Utilize audio/visual technology effectively and lead an audio/visual team.
12. Plan special events for the church.
13. Develop and implement adult ministry opportunities.
A candidate should possess:
14. Proficiency in both vocal and instrumental music.
15. College-level training in Bible and music.
16. A minimum of three years of experience leading congregational worship.
17. Experience organizing adult ministry.
Candidates wishing to apply should submit a letter of introduction (not to exceed one page) and a resume.