| Come join the visionary team of a strategic church ministry located in the Heartland of America. Our 65 year old church has nearly doubled in size in the last three years and recently moved into our new church home – a remodeled Wal-Mart store, located on the city's most heavily traveled thoroughfare, with plenty of room for expansion. We already have the premier children's ministry in the area including an established full-time pre-school, Awana, summer day camps, Vacation Bible School, and Divorce Care for Kids. There is plenty of growth potential as we are a regional church with families traveling 50 miles one way to be part of our congregation. We are blessed with a very safe community with numerous recreational opportunities in the area. Our church offers competitive salaries and benefits.|
To provide administrative and visionary leadership to the children's ministry of Calvary Baptist Church so may we further impact our community for Christ and glorify Him in the process.
Accountability and Staff Relationships
Reports to the Senior Pastor; accountable to the Senior Pastor and Governing Board; interacts with the entire church staff to promote the highest quality ministry possible; supports the vision of the Senior Pastor and church leadership; contributes to the ministry staff team.
1. Bachelor's degree or higher
2. called to children's ministry - a passion to reach children with the life-changing Gospel of Christ
3. training and experience in childhood development and/or education preferred
4. prior leadership in children's ministry (volunteer or paid)
5. self starter, multi-tasker; teachable spirit; team oriented – gets enjoyment from and adds life to the teams they lead and interact with
6. community-minded – eager and burdened to bring the bright light to the darkness of Yankton and the surrounding areas
7. passionate about relationships – connecting with children first and their families; spiritually mature – a desire to know and live God's Word and the skill to teach those Godly truths to children and families
8. creative- thinks "outside the box"; relational – a "people person"
9. commitment to excellence in everything
10. Church membership is required upon employment.
Mature and growing Christian faith in all areas of their life; maintains a daily devotion to God through study of the Bible, prayer, fellowship and personal ministry; seeks God for wisdom in all decisions; always tithes; a servant's heart
1. The Children's Ministry Director (CMD) will engage in regular prayer for volunteers, children and their families
2. The CMD will partner with The Children's Leadership Team to provide relevant, family-focused ministry with parental involvement to expand the spiritual influence of their children
3. oversee all aspects of child safety, wellness and security on church p