Position: Pastor of Children's Ministries
Supervision: Senior Pastor
The role of the Pastor of Children's Ministries is to oversee, supervise and develop the educational and experiential opportunities for children 0-5th grade. The Pastor of Children's Ministries will work alongside the Senior Pastor and MLT to carry out the mission of
- Developing goals and objectives for Children's in line with the strategic plan.
- Identifying and testing curriculum resources, whether commercially produced or developed by pastoral staff.
- Recruit, train and work with volunteers to strengthen their ministry abilities.
- Assessing ministry needs and developing goals and activities to meet those needs.
- Serving as a motivating, inspiring and engaging teacher to our children on a regular/weekly basis as part of a larger plan for their spiritual development.
- Developing an environment that is safe, clean, supportive, and cultivates spiritual growth.
- Addressing specific personal and spiritual needs of children as they arise through one-on-one or small group meetings, school visits, or other connections appropriate to the circumstances. Identifying lay staff and lay volunteer resources and needs.
- Developing lay leaders who can love, nurture and lead our children effectively.
- Development and implementation of an annual calendar of activities and programs that are inclusive and promote relationship development and discipleship.
- Development and management of the annual budget for the Children's Ministry.
- Establish and maintain good communication with parents: including check-in/out system, snack notification, process for parent emergencies.
- Routinely inspect equipment, toys and supplies. Restock supplies when needed.
- Develop, post and enforce policies to ensure that staff is familiar with nursery policies and facilities.
- Provide needed information for: volunteer background checks.
- Obtain and keep a library of picture books and music/songs on cassettes or CDs.
- Schedule nursery caregivers for worship services and special church wide events in which nursery care is needed.
1. Background experience in child care or early childhood development.
2. Must be a nurturing, caring, patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children.
3. Must have experience in Christian education.
4. Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children.
5. Excellent organizational skills
6. CPR and First Aid certification required.
7. Must be 21 years of age or older.