Santa Cruz Bible Church
Santa Cruz, CA
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: January 25, 2013
Santa Cruz is a beach city on the Central California Coast, on the bottom tip of the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a vibrant, fun, intelligent town that desperately needs Jesus. The high schools of Santa Cruz are some of the most unreached places in America, but over the past few years we've seen some amazing signs of life among students who have been gripped by the gospel of Jesus Christ and have lived out the mission of God in their schools. We are looking who wants to grow up young people in the grace and truth of God, and to reach young people with the hope of the gospel.
To lead students from Santa Cruz to Christ, helping them to be the transformed by the Gospel into men and women who love Christ, his church, and the world.
1.Set the vision of SCBC High School ministries, this vision is tied to, and under the banner of the greater SCBC overall church vision.
2.Continually help students, staff and leaders to_noemailmit to the vision.
1.Plan and carry out all HS trips and events.
2.Oversee the business of HS ministry, including budget, youth supplies and equipment.
3.Oversee_noemailmunication between students, leaders, parents, and staff, including calls, text messages, emails, newsletter, websites, and meetings.
4.Recruit, oversee, train, and lead HS Leaders.
5.Oversee HS Staff.
1. Proclaim the word of God during High School sunday morning gatherings.
2. Oversee persuasive and winsome teaching during weekly events.
3. Develop new, relevant, and innovative teaching venues (Examples: Theology Thursday, Apologetics Night, Leadership Meetings)
4. Continually grow in the scriptures.
1. Individually disciple students and student leaders who in turn disciple students.
2. Counsel students struggling with different life issues.
3. Meet with students to encourage and disciple.
4. Be an example of the pursuit of Christ likeness.
5. Spend time in the_noemailmunity with students to build relationships and make connections.
-Youth Ministry Expierence
-Passion for God, the church, and the lost
Full time Position
Contact Jared Michelson