Stuart Congregational Church
Category: Worship Leader
Position Description: This fulltime staff position at Stuart Congregational Church includes a base salary with benefits, and a professional expense account. The Director of Contemporary Worship & Youth will work closely with the Senior Pastor and other music and family ministry associates as part of the executive staff.
Qualifications: The qualified candidate will have a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ, a pastoral heart, ability and passion for leading worship and next generation ministries, and a teachable spirit. Relevant ministry experience is required and a bachelor's degree is desired.
Core Competencies: Important competencies include the relational ability to connect well with students and young adults; the ability to "translate" next generation ministry to older generations; technical acumen (audio, visual, lighting, instrumentation); organizational & administrative skills; volunteer recruiting/supervision; vocal & musical instrument leadership ability; social media savvy.
Ethos: The staff of SCC is collaborative. We work together and invest in one another's ministries, always seeking crossover opportunities that strengthen individual ministries and our collective ministry to our congregation and community. SCC is a mainline Congregational church that values tradition, but which is poised to also engage in cutting edge ministry that is relevant and "out-of-the-box."
Ministry Program Responsibilities:
1) Contemporary Worship Arts: You will have the opportunity to construct and engineer a new, contemporary worship service from scratch. This will be the fourth worship service at SCC, and is intended to engage families with youth & children as well as young adults in our community.
2) Youth & Young Adult Ministry: Direct, hands-on, highly relational ministry to middle & senior high students, as well as to young adults/college students. This ministry includes all programmatic aspects of outreach, nurture, service, and pastoral care for students. Special attention is to be given to a "faith at home" emphasis, equipping parents with spiritual and theological tools to effectively nurture their own children in the faith.
3) Supervisor of Children's Ministry Staff: Resource, supervise and serve as liaison for the children's ministry staff and volunteers, working closely with the Board of Christian Education.
4) Pastoral Care: Assist the Senior Pastor in hospital visitation one day per week (as needed), and give special pastoral attention to the needs of families with children, youth & young adults.
5) Other: The Director of Contemporary Worship & Youth will report directly to the Senior Pastor, and regularly meet with/relate to the Board of Christian Education and to the Board of Deacons.
(Send resume, statement of faith & references to Dr. Tim Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org)