LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH MINISTRY PASTOR
Founded in 1988, Coquitlam Christ Church of China (CCCC) is an independent non-denominational Christian church located in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. Our vision is to be a loving and missional church with multi-cultural congregations at multi-sites. Our mission is to obey the Great Commandment and carry out the Great Commission through Magnification, Membership, Maturity, Ministry and Missions.
Job Summary: We are currently seeking a full-time English Ministry Pastor. The applicant is a God-fearing and caring individual who has a heart to serve and is_noemailmitted to preaching the Gospel. The successful candidate will play a vital role in providing vision, direction, and leadership for the English-speaking congregation of CCCC, and will be dedicated to nurturing and strengthening the congregation’s Christian faith.
• Must have God’s calling into church ministry.
• Adheres to CCCC's Statement of Faith.
• Bachelor’s degree from an evangelical Bible college; seminary graduate is preferred.
• Has a minimum of 5 years experience in full-time pastoral ministry.
• Demonstrates proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Understands Chinese culture and is_noemailfortable working with people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Experience in leading youth and young adult ministries, marriage counselling, or missions work is an asset.
• Provides vision, direction, and leadership for the English-speaking congregation of CCCC, which includes youth, college students and adults.
• Prepares sermons and preaches during Sunday Worship Service and other services as required.
• Provides pastoral care, including counselling, mentorship and visitations.
• Provides spiritual direction, including discipleship training through Bible Study and Sunday School.
• Coordinates and mentors church members to lead English worship services, Sunday School, and fellowship groups.
• Attends Deacon Board and Department Coordinator meetings and collaborates with the Senior Pastor and other church leaders in carrying out the mission of church.
• Supervises the planning of retreats, events and mission opportunities.
• Develop relationships with the_noemailmunity.
• Performs other duties as required.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to pastoralsearch at cccconline.ca by April 30, 2014.