Ashland Baptist Church
Category: Worship Leader
Ashland Baptist Church of Ashland, New Hampshire is seeking to hire a contemporary worship leader. This is a brand new, part time position that will average about 10-15 hours per week. We are a growing evangelical church with a current average of about 60 adults and 5 children and youth attending our 9:00 am traditional worship service, and about 50 adults and 25 children attending our new (since September, 2013) 11:00 am contemporary service. We have been using the Northpoint Community Church (Andy Stanley) as a model to help in reaching our community and our vision is "to be a church that un-churched people will love to attend." The church has grown in the past 3 years from an average of 50 people in attendance to a total average of approximately 125 between the two Sunday morning services. About half of our contemporary worship service participants are new to the church since September, 2013.
Ashland Baptist is located in the center of town and the town of Ashland is located in the geographical center of New Hampshire. It is a beautiful small town of about 2,000 people that is surrounded by lakes and mountains. The church is very friendly, united, and supportive of our vision and it is a wonderful place to do ministry.
1. Must have a growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Must be able to coordinate relevant and exciting worship experiences with the pastor.
3. Must be familiar with current trends in contemporary praise and worship music and should be familiar with music from Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Matt Redman, etc...
4. Experience in leading worship preferred.
5. Must be able to play guitar or keyboard.
1. Recruit and develop praise band. (We currently have a bass guitar player and 3 back-up vocalists)
2. Lead weekly rehearsals for praise band.
3. Lead 3-5 songs with praise band each Sunday at our 11:00 am contemporary worship services.
Salary: Negotiable (At least $150 per week) There is potential that another church in the area would be interested in hiring a worship leader for a 10:00 am service. There is also potential for increased hours and pay as the church continues to grow - especially if the candidate is gifted with children, youth, or technology.
If interested in this position, please contact our pastor, Ernie Madden and attach resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our website at www.ashlandbaptistnh.com to learn more about our ministry.