PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
To oversee the planning and implementation of worship services at First Baptist Church
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and regularly articulate that relationship.
- Agree with the statement of faith and discipleship process of First Baptist Church.
- Have a desire for spiritual growth, accountability and corporate worship.
- Be a role model in all areas to lay volunteers and children and youth.
Plan the Worship Service
- Work with the Senior Pastor and other leaders to plan weekly worship service elements to help people meet with God.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to plan any special services or seasonal services.
- Select all worship music for the worship service.
- Coordinate/Oversee the weekly and seasonal environment/décor of the sanctuary.
Implement the Worship Service
- Lead worship team rehearsals, preparing the team to lead the congregation musically.
- Lead the worship team as they facilitate musical praise for the congregation.
- Communicate with all participants in the service ahead of time so that they know their role in the service and the details involved in that role.
- Coordinate the after service prayer team.
- Recruit and oversee the worship team that leads music on Sunday mornings.
- Recruit and oversee a team of staff and volunteers that help to plan all special elements and artwork that go with specific sermon series.
- Oversee the Audio Visual team and coordinate A.V. for special events.
- Experience leading worship teams.
- Experience planning and implementing worship services.
- Experience recruiting and training team members.
- Experience with presentation and_noemailanization software (e.g. ProPresenter, Planning Center, etc.)
- Musical training that will facilitate the growth and blending of lay musicians.
Please send resumes to the church's Business Manager, Susan Jensen, at jobs@fbcminneapolis_noemail.