Word of Life Church
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: January 25, 2011
The primary focus is Youth and Young Adult Ministries. As a member of the Staff Leadership Team, this position will report to the Lead Pastor. The WOL operates using a Church Leadership Team style of church governance.
Associate Pastor Position:
The candidate will be responsible for the management of existing WOL youth ministries -
Junior Youth and Senior Youth as well as growing a young adults ministry in the God-given direction and vision of the church.
This entails but is not limited to:
- planning, coordinating and implementing the youth and young adult ministries
- managing youth ministry volunteer staff
- liaison to pastoral staff
- liaison to other youth and young adult ministries in the_noemailmunity
- will work in cooperation with family and children`s ministries at WOL
This position also includes:
- Planning and coordination of various church functions and other special events
- Assisting with counselling, teaching, visitations as assigned
- Officiating at weddings and funerals as needed
- General office administration
- Specifics to be determined.
The candidate for this position must:
- Have an authentic, intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a definite call to the youth ministry
- Be a person of integrity
- Possess a minimum of a three (3) year degree in Biblical Studies
- Education specifically in Youth Ministry
- Possess demonstrated management skills such as: excellent interpersonal skills, excellent conflict resolution skills, excellent written and verbal_noemailmunication skills, excellent time management and_noemailanizational skills
- Have the demonstrated ability to work well with teams
- Have a teachable servant's heart
- Have demonstrated experience and knowledge in information technology
- Have directly related experience in ministry of a congregation of_noemailparable size
- Familiarity with the culture of the_noemailmunity
- Education and/or experience in the counselling field
- Understanding of multi-media and information technology would be an asset
Resumes accepted until March 1, 2011.
For more information, please see our church website found at www.wordoflifeniverville_noemail.
If interested in pursuing this ministry opportunity, please forward your resume and cov