Kings Grant Baptist Church
Virginia Beach, VA
Posted on: April 03, 2012
1. Gives primary leadership to the Contemporary Worship Service. This includes planning worship, (including content, music selection, worship order, etc.), leading worship on a weekly basis, and the overall presentation of the Contemporary Worship Service.
2. Meets regularly with the Senior Pastor, the Worship Pastor, the band, the Steering Team and other volunteers which relate to the Contemporary Worship Service.
3. Equips, encourages, and coordinates laypersons to participate in the leadership of worship. This primarily includes singers and instrumentalists, but also may include technical personnel, readers, and others whose gifts may enhance the worship experience.
4. Assists with other services or events as needed or available.
1. Strong, active faith and intimate walk with the Lord.
2. Two-three years of experience leading contemporary worship with a praise team/band preferred.
3. Pattern of success and effectiveness in leading contemporary worship working effectively with laypersons.
4. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
5. Preferred experience and membership in a Baptist church; will consider applicants with experience in a non-Baptist church that is aligned with Baptist doctrine and with similar theology of worship.
6. Demonstrated musical_noemailpetency including ability to sing as the leader of worship, play an instrument (preferably guitar); transpose music as necessary; write and sing harmonizing parts when not provided; present a variety of music styles to appeal to a diverse congregation.