Island ECC is an English-speaking, international church in Hong Kong with a congregation of approximately 2,000. The Associate Pastor will serve as part of the pastoral team and work with them to develop strategies and initiatives to facilitate spiritual growth in the church. He will provide capable, servant leadership for his delineated responsibilities. He will shepherd those congregational members in his care by discipling, mentoring, teaching, training, equipping, encouraging, and leading them to grow spiritually. According to skill set and giftedness, the pastor will oversee a particular area of responsibility, such as Care Groups, Theological Education, Men's Ministry, Pastoral Care/Counselling.
- Minimum two years' formal seminary training; be an ordained pastor.
- Minimum five years' demonstrated experience.
- Received training/experienced in the designated areas of responsibility, preferably in a local church context.
- Must have a vital growing relationship with Christ and lead an exemplary life, with the ability to evangelise and disciple others.
- Be in agreement with Island ECC's statement of faith and its purposes. Helpful to have prior association with this church.
- Experience of living in Asia and leading a ministry within a Christian_noemailanisation preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively with people of different cultural and denominational backgrounds.
- Possess these personal qualities: self-motivated, creative, attentive to detail, flexible, enthusiastic, tactful, patient, and relational.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills. Strong_noemailanisational skills.
- Fluency in English; Cantonese and Mandarin speaking abilities are beneficial but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to produce professional business documents.