Pontiac First United Methodist church is a vital congregation engaged in the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of Pontiac and the world. We are actively seeking a mature disciple of Jesus Christ to help create an intentional faith development process.
This person would have primary responsibilities in developing lay-leadership with an emphasis on Christian Education.
- Develop a team to increase the number of persons serving in congregational ministry, improve our care/follow-up to new believers and create systems that encourage people to take the next appropriate step in their faith journey.
- Teach, equip, and empower others to effectively apply fundamental Christian values to life situations and mentor everyone toward ministry and leadership.
- Build relationships by being actively involved within the church and_noemailmunity.
- Assist in developing a system that moves each person who attends PFUMC through an intentional faith growth process.
- Coordinate a ministry of Christian education from birth through adult by recruiting, training, and leading volunteers. Provide a cohesive and coherent path for persons of all ages to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Be a visible presence in Christian education ministry by building the bridge of transition from children's ministry to youth ministry to adults.
- Communicate activities related to children, youth, and adult ministries effectively to the congregation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a ministry-related field from an accredited Christian college or university. Preferred to have life experiences related to ministry.
- Must be knowledgeable in Christian faith and preferred Wesleyan theology.
- Possess proficiency in both information Technology and Social Media.
- Display a personal aptitude for spiritual, emotional, social, and physical maturity.
- Be cognizant of the challenges faced by today's youth and young adults.
- Ability to_noemailmunicate vision and purpose of ministry to the church family.
- Demonstrate a strong_noemailmitment to Jesus Christ and an ability to share that faith.
- Ability to lead, be a team player and possess a positive attitude.
- Willingness to promote the Fruitful Congregations model.