St. Francis-St. Mary and Holy Family Catholic Community (HFCC) are growing parishes of 900+ families working together to serve God's people. We are a pastorate (group of parishes) focused on the mission of Jesus Christ to go make disciples. We are seeking individuals to fill 2 positions, Director of Worship and Director of Music Ministry. These two positions will work closely together to fulfill the following needs. The duties will be divided among those hired based on their strengths.
* Cultivate and develop the liturgical life of the pastorate, including all weekend Masses, holy days, and other liturgical events.
* Use the platform of the liturgy to help people come to know and love Jesus Christ and to understand their personal role in the mission of making disciples
* Oversee preparation for all liturgies including weekend Masses, sacramental celebrations, holy day Masses, ecumenical and other services, etc. This includes material preparation, supplies, music, and volunteer coordination as well as liturgical calendars, budgeting, and licensing.
* Plan and prepare music for all liturgical celebrations: foster music ministry within the parish; direct cantors and choirs (children, teen, adult, and contemporary praise band); arrange instrumental ensembles
* Coordinate with the pastor, staff, and committees the liturgical planning, formation, and education; plan and prepare liturgical rites and celebration of the sacraments and funerals throughout the year including Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
* Oversee liturgical ministers including recruitment, training, scheduling, and on-going formation
* Prepare worship aids and in-pew cards as needed. Maintain the Worship and Music pages on the website
* Oversee sound system coordinating with sound technician and lead future technological additions to the Sunday experience
* Participate in staff meetings and other staff functions.
Those seeking to fulfill these positions must:
* Be faith-filled and joyous with strong communication skills, able to share the Good News of Jesus Christ and the precious Gift of God's Presence in the liturgy.
* Be an active Catholic in good standing with the Church.
* Be an active and visible member of the pastorate community.
* Be comfortable with different forms of worship, including both traditional and Praise and Worship
* Be strong in leadership skills required to minister to volunteers of all ages: children to adult.
* Demonstrate an ability to instill through the liturgies a sense of service and stewardship
* Be present to pastor and parishes at weekend and special liturgies
* Have adequate computer skills
Director of Worship (full time)
Appropriate advanced degree preferred, 3-5 years of experience in liturgical ministry
Knowledge of Catholic liturgy and liturgical documents
Be an active Catholic with a deep faith and prayer life who is called to a ministry of service
Director of Music Ministry (20-30 hours per week)
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Music
Proficiency on piano and/or voice is required
Responsible for all music associated with worship, religious education, social ministry, and evangelization in the parish
Comfortable working with all ages
Be an active Catholic with a deep faith and prayer life who is called to a ministry of service.