Category: Youth Ministry
Time Type: Full Time
Position Summary: The Student Pastor is called to serve as the Student Ministry leader and Family team builder for Crossover Community Church.
Ministry Department: Student / Family
Position Reports To: Lead Pastor
Hours: This is a full-time, salaried position. Attendance at all Sunday services, special services, and all related activities outside of regular office hours is required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Serve as the Student and Family Pastor. This includes providing pastoral ministry with students
2. The primary focus of the Youth and Families Pastor is to lead youth and their families to develop
a strong Christian faith by building and supporting teams to vision, teach, mentor and sustain
3. This position includes visioneering, teaching, disciple-making, budgeting, planning,
implementing, and supporting youth ministry under the broader vision, mission, and guidelines
of the church.
4. Be responsible for recruiting and equipping of new ministry leaders, along with teaching and
leading the team in their personal walk with Christ and their understanding of leadership.
5. Work alongside any other staff members to grow a healthy and mature group of volunteers.
6. Lead student services and be a part of the CCC Teaching Team.
7. Coordinate community partnerships that promote building relationships with students at
schools and in the community, providing pastoral support and guidance, and mobilizing other
adults to reach outside the current pool of students.
8. Participate with the entire staff in preparing weekly worship services and special church
gatherings, as well as serving together with this team as needed for worship and services.
9. Attend necessary meetings as assigned by the Pastor and Elders.
10. Be available to assist and participate in leading special events such as VBS, Mission trips,
Church events, etc.
11. Membership and participation with staff meetings and events are expected.
1. Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in performing all work in order to honor our Lord and Savior
2. A unified, positive spirit is necessary and required for team effectiveness and health.
3. Faithfully maintain discretion and effectively deal with sensitive and/or confidential information
of a written and spoken nature.
4. Use independent judgment to determine work priorities.
5. Other duties as assigned by the Pastor and Elders.
6. Follow Crossover's policies, procedures, and pastoral staff as a loyal member.
7. Work in coordination with the overall mission, goals and objectives of the church, which are
summarized by the mission statement "Love God, Love Others, Change The World".
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
2. Strong work ethic, with a proven track record of loyalty and commitment to professionalism.
3. Good organizational and time-management skills, showing personal discipline as a habit.
4. Working knowledge of Planning Center and other related applications
5. Preferred minimum of study is Bachelor's Degree in, Biblical Studies or in a ministry-related
6. A sufficient amount of ministry experience in leadership.
7. A proven track record of effective judgment and character that is above reproach
Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The job will primarily be carried out in an office setting and church facility. Some physical exertion may be needed while participating in student activities.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. Crossover Community Church retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.