Who We Are
Floris United Methodist Church is a vibrant, growing multi-site church, fully devoted to making disciples of Jesus Christ and putting a high priority on loving and serving our neighbors. Our Student Ministries embraces and welcomes students from both within our church and our community. Through the love of Christ, we encourage and inspire our students to be lights in their world by being compassionate, resilient and authentic. We strive to be a church where all people, including all students, believe that they can come as they are, find community, build real relationships and grow in their faith.
The primary purpose of the position is to serve as the Student Ministries Director providing ministry to middle school and high school students in a culturally diverse and inclusive congregation. Student Ministries, the activities involved with the programs, and the student small groups that are formed are seen as vital parts of the community, which serves to bring students into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ and with each other. The Director is responsible for working with the Director of Grow Ministries’ to develop activities that deliver a consistent, spiritual learning experience for students to stay connected to Floris UMC and to grow in their relationship with God.
• Oversees the Student Ministries staff by performing day-to-day assignments that ensure the operability of Student Ministries and removes the Director of Grow Ministries from the administrative burdens of the program.
• Recruits and provides support to Student Ministry adult volunteers to ensure they receive appropriate development and training. Researches new curriculum and programs for opportunities within the ministry.
• Creates and oversees a Student Ministries Advisory Council, whose primary purpose is to research creative and innovative ways to reach students and promote spiritual formation.
• Communicates with parents and other volunteers for weekly student programs, leads mission trips and special events, mentors and cares for student adult leaders.
• Manages the Confirmation Program to encompass a strong theological and mission-oriented base.