First United Methodist Church, in Mooresville, Indiana, seeks a qualified candidate to fill the specialized role of Youth Ministry Leader.
Located in a small-town suburb southwest of Indianapolis, FUMC has a reputation for being mission focused and offering Spirit filled worship. We serve a congregation of 500 members with an average worship attendance of nearly 400 across three Sunday morning services.
This individual will develop and lead, in partnership with the Senior Pastor, our youth ministry program consisting of grades 5-12. We seek a spiritually mature, biblical, and prayerful Christian gifted in leadership to bring encouragement and vision for this ministry and the church as a whole. Areas of focus include relationship building, discipleship and service/missions. Prior youth ministry leadership experience is desired. This is a part time position with the possibility to expand to full time employment based on qualifications and experience.
- Introduce young people to Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and train them in serving Christ
- Develop and execute a balanced and engaging youth ministry
- Recruit and train volunteers to work in all aspects of youth ministry
- Provide opportunities for youth and their families to be directly involved in missions and ministry
- Provide opportunities for youth to attend special mission, praise, and worship events
- Develop evangelical outreach to surrounding schools by attending student activities as available (i.e. sporting games, band competitions, choir performances, lunches)
- Participate in regular worship as well as assist with worship, scripture interpretations, preaching and teaching as needed.
If this position is for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kim at email@example.com