The Luke Church
Position: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt Reports to: Senior Pastor
The major purpose and responsibility of the Director of Operations is to serve as the church's chief operations and financial officer. The Director of Operations will assume primary responsibility for strategic vision planning, cultural leadership, fiscal sustainability, and operational oversight of the church. This person will be responsible for staff management, fundraising efforts, program development/management, constituent outreach and development, marketing and communications, and overall organizational development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Pray for Senior Pastor, ministerial and administrative staff and Church family.
* Attend Worship Services, Bible Study and church outings
* Supports church in financial endeavors (tithes and offering, love offering, etc)
* Represent Senior Pastor at requested meetings and conferences (may require giving presentations).
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
BUSINESS LIAISON TO SENIOR PASTOR
* Church Administrative and Ministerial Staff
* Church membership
* Businesses, Civil Government, and Community at-large
* Provide pertinent information concerning church operations, fiscal budgets, financial trends, staff performance, and facility management and marketing trends.
* Responsible for the execution and attainment of short and long-term operational goals
* Administer and enforce church-adopted administrative policies and procedures to achieve the goals of the church
* Serve as resource person regarding business and administrative matters of the church
* Study semi-annually the insurance and benefits program of the church
* Create overall marketing and promotion plan for the church.
* Negotiate and manage all property/facility affiliated contracts.
* Attend church meetings for global, visionary, and organizational matter, and to give financial updates for the church.
* Coordinate and assist with special events held off and on campus
* Represent Pastor at requested meetings and functions
* Prepares, administrates, and reviews the annual budget process in collaboration with the Executive Team. Assist in presenting the budget to the Trustee Board for approval.
* Oversees purchasing function by monitoring budget spending.
* Oversees monthly, quarterly and year-end reports as needed.
* Provide pertinent financial information to Senior Pastor i.e. monthly financial statements, budget forecasting and projections, financial trends, fiscal problem areas.
* Review financial stewardship i.e. church operating budget, construction cost.
* Oversees the maintenance of an accurate filing, recordkeeping, and reporting system for all financial matters.
* Oversees a process to ensure that GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) is maintained at all times.
o Separation of duties
o Record retention policy
o Follow proper payroll procedures
o Make sure all income and expenses are properly accounted for and safeguarded
o Responsible for monitoring internal controls and accounting procedures
OFFICE MANAGEMENT / HUMAN RESOURCES
* Supervise all office & contract staff
* Responsible for and/or assist with recruiting and orientation, employee relations, conflict resolution, staff recognition, training and development programs.
* Responsible for HR policy development, administration and employee records management.
* Serves as the primary source of information on office policies and procedures.
* A bachelor's degree; a minimum of five years' direct financial, administrative and management experience, preferably in church or non-profit administration;
* Excellent organizational, analytical, financial, and writing skills;
* Proven ability to meet deadlines, develop and implement program policies and procedures, and manage changing and conflicting priorities;
* Outstanding leadership, supervisory, interpersonal, and communication skills;
* Tact, discretion, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters;
* Experience negotiating contracts, leases or agreements.
* A Christian in full agreement with St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church's statement of faith; willingness and ability to serve Christ and His church; spiritually mature.
* Of utmost importance is a heart that is "wired for people" and thrives on nurturing and developing others.
Interested applicants should:
1. Submit a cover letter
2. Submit a resume
3. Submit the name, address and phone numbers of three (3) professional references.
Send your cover letter, resume and professional references to HR@theluke.org
Subject Title for submission via email: The Luke Director of Operations
No phone calls please.