TITLE: Children's Ministry Director
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Children's Ministry Director is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through 4th grade. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management necessary to ensure a successful and constantly improving children's programming.
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor and/or his designee
WORK SCHEDULE: To minister effectively at Summit Church means one must be willing to participate fully in the life of Summit Church. Full time employees are expected to work 40-50 hours a week. Maintaining a relationship with God and family is a high priority.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
o Be a biblically sound follower of Christ with personal integrity and self-motivation in the fulfillment of work and ministry.
o Must be a member in good standing in full agreement with Missionary Church doctrinal principles and core values.
o Affirm a ministry calling from God to serve in Children's Ministry.
o Have a passion for children and the ability to connect with them in large group settings as well as one on one.
o Ability to effectively communicate Scripture in relevant environments.
o Have post high school training in children's educational programming and/or in a relevant field of study (a college degree preferred).
o Demonstrate competency in relational ministry, leadership development, team building, and biblical teaching, along with the ability to proactively handle small problems before they grow large.
o Actively promote unity between and support for various Summit Church ministries and leaders.
o Displays accountability to the Lead Pastor and other leaders of Summit Church.
• Provide alignment for all children's ministry through the purpose and process of Summit Church:
Purpose: Leading people to follow Christ Process: Know God, Love People, Serve the World
• Provide oversight and vision for all aspects of Children's Ministries at Summit Church in order to lead children toward becoming fully devoted followers of Christ. This includes leadership of weekly programs and special events for children.
• Maintains effective communication with all Summit Church staff and volunteer leaders to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Summit Church goals.
• Provide leadership necessary to recruit and equip volunteer teams to assist in Children's Ministries. This includes insuring that personal background and reference checks are performed on participating volunteer leadership prior to ministry/program involvement.
• Implement children's registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services and special events as needed.
• Responsible for biblically accurate, culturally relevant, high-energy teaching of children.
• Stay current on the most effective techniques and best practices for children's ministry. This includes, but is not limited to, developing relationships with other area children's ministry directors and continued education/training.
• Attend regular staff meetings in order to develop cross ministry cooperation and advance communication between the Children's Ministry and the rest of Summit Church staff.
• Create and manage a children's ministry calendar and annual budget using biblical principles of stewardship.
• Oversee the creative use and upkeep of children's ministry facilities.
• Intentionally and regularly equip parents to be the primary spiritual influencers of their children.
• Provide pastoral care to volunteers and families of students.
• Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor and/or his designee to report and inform on Children's Ministry progress.
• Use your spiritual gifts to the best of your God-given ability to lead people to follow Christ.
• Assist in the general ministry of Summit Church as needed.
• Be knowledgeable of the Summit Church Staff Policy Manual and comply with standard operating procedures and expectations of staff.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this ministry opportunity and level of work to be performed by a person in this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other duties required by the Lead Pastor. Requirements are representative of minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.