We have an immediate opening for a Worship Pastor (or Director) who loves Jesus and leading people into an encounter with God through worship. Our growing church consists of around 1,300 people (pre-COVID) in Montana's beautiful capital city: Helena. Even during this pandemic, by God's grace, we're experiencing a great influx of new families and the vibe here is alive and excited for what lies ahead! This role is full time, exempt, directly reporting to the Worship Experience Pastor. Compensation: D.O.E.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain strong communication and relationship with the Leadership Team.
* Oversee the quality of Worship.
* Coordinate the creation of schedules, auditions, and weekly rehearsals.
* Cooperatively team with the other ministries and staff of Helena First, i.e. providing support to Kids and Youth Worship.
LEADERSHIP OF VOLUNTEER TEAMS
Success in this role will best be accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, develop strong worship teams:
* Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
* Communicating clear vision and wins for leaders on a regular basis.
* Recruiting, interviewing, auditioning, developing, empowering, scheduling, supervising, reviewing, redirecting (as necessary) Worship Serve Team members.
* Consistently communicating with team members.
* Leading departmental meetings and empowering the team to fulfill their unique roles.
OVERSIGHT AND EXECUTION OF WORSHIP SERVICES
Responsible for creating an environment where people can connect with God in meaningful ways:
* Serving in whatever capacity you can most effectively lead your team to lead others in worship.
* Ensuring worship services are planned with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy and musical appropriateness.
* Overseeing song selection, musical arrangement, chord charts, lyrics, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and others who enhance the worship experience.
* Leading in some form of spiritual and relational development at every rehearsal.
* Providing pastoral care for Worship Teams.
* Formulating worship standards.
Other duties as assigned.