Shepherd, lead and oversee the staff and church body to develop passionate followers of Jesus Christ.
Preaching and teaching
· Will preach the Word of God—"As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority."
· Will develop and manage the preaching schedule
· Will be governed by prayer and Scripture in sermon preparation
· Will oversee the development of small group leaders
· Will work closely with the staff, elders, board and volunteers to create an enjoyable worship atmosphere.
Influencing and communicating
· Will be an effective communicator with people of all ages and cultures, in groups of all sizes
· Will display strong interpersonal skills, listening skills and emotional intelligence; knowing yourself well
· Will be the primary staff contact with new and visiting families
· Will regularly visit all adherents of the church
· Will work to foster an attitude of outreach within the church, living his life as an example of this
· Will empower others in their leadership, working alongside staff, elders and ministry team leaders; mentoring, equipping, empowering and encouraging
· Will mentor all other staff of the church to ensure excellence in ministry, to maintain a healthy team environment and to challenge each staff member to develop their full potential in ministry
· Will conduct and lead monthly staff meetings
· Will oversee business decisions for the ministries of the church, along with the church board
· Will work alongside the elders in all matters of leadership, coaching them and regularly evaluating the ministries of the church and their progress
· Will conduct annual performance reviews of all ministry and office staff
· Will mobilize the church to fulfill their vision
· Devoted to a life of faith in Jesus Christ and all that entails
· A skilled communicator, demonstrating high emotional intelligence in relationships
· 3 years + as an associate or senior pastor
· Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited theological institute
· Church leadership experience in a multiple staff church
· Agree with the South Mountain Bible Church doctrinal statement.
Required to live in the church parsonage, or within the immediate community.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year