Park Congregational Church is an open and affirming, historic church located in vibrant downtown Grand Rapids. As one of the oldest churches in the city, we have our roots in a traditional worship, but our branches extend to progressive causes around the corner, and around the world. Our vision is to be a leader in progressive religious and spiritual movements throughout Grand Rapids, with congregants who enthusiastically engage in learning and service offerings, and commit their time, treasure and talents to making our community and our world a better image of God's love.
After experiencing 15 years of solid leadership and growth, we are seeking our next Senior Minister who can inspire us to understand our faith and activate our calling with worship messages, service opportunities, and spiritual practices.
How you will make a difference:
- You will continue a strong legacy of powerful preachers that inspire and move the congregation.
- Your vision and leadership for community engagement will help us continue to serve our neighbors.
- You will play an active role in the continued resurgence of young families and downtown dwellers joining the Park Church family.
You will shine here if:
- You are someone who can convey God's word from the pulpit in ways that resonate with our contemporary, daily lives.
- You are able to deliver a modern message while honoring the tradition and heritage of our classical worship service.
- You are energized by mission and outreach work to the greater Grand Rapids community.
- You are someone who enjoys and engages all people, regardless of their socio-economic backgrounds, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
- You are intrigued by technology and motivated to vet, learn, and execute new tools.
To answer this call:
- Ideally, you will have at least ten (10) years of ministry experience.
- You will be willing to hold or already have a dual standing or privilege of call with United Church of Christ.
- You have demonstrated skills in strategic visioning and creating and activating a compelling vision for the modern church.
- You have a proven record of growing a church/ministry.
What is in it for you?
- You will be a spiritual leader in Grand Rapids, MI; an attractive community with a growing reputation for bringing innovative solutions to social problems.
- You will be the Senior Minister of an historic church with a rich legacy of public service and philanthropy.
- You will serve a congregation that is financially stable and has a strong governance structure.
- You will be at the helm of a congregation that is eagerly awaiting your leadership and committed to your success.
Express your interest in the position by sending your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org