Category: Youth Ministry
Time Type: Full Time
- Developing goals and objectives for Youth Ministry in line with the strategic plan.
- Identifying and testing curriculum resources.
- Recruit, train and work with the lay volunteers in coaching and strengthening their youth ministry abilities.
- Develop ministry and outreach to middle/high school students and college-age persons.
- Developing goals and programs that are designed to meet ministry needs.
- Preach as needed.
- Serve as a motivating, inspiring and engaging teacher to our students on a regular/weekly basis as part of a larger plan for the spiritual development of our students.
- Leading and developing a Student Ministry Worship Music program.
- Developing a climate for students that is safe, supportive, and cultivates spiritual growth.
- Addressing specific personal and spiritual needs of students as they arise through one-on-one or small group meetings, school visits, or other connections appropriate to the circumstances.
- Developing lay leaders who can love and lead our students effectively.
- The Disrector of Student Ministries will strengthen the programs and activities with young people through the implementation of short and long-term goals and plans for the ministry.
- Development and implementation of an annual calendar of activities and programs that are inclusive and promote relationship development and discipleship.
- Development and management of the annual budget for Student Ministry.
- Responding efficiently to communication demands including, email, phone, social media.
- Develop relationships with schools, churches, and parachurch organizations that support our efforts to reach students in the church and the community.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a bachelor's degree in biblical studies or related field is required. Graduate degree in biblical studies desired. The successful individual will be a self-starter, not requiring a great deal of supervision, with a solid work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as the ability to research and use a multitude of information gathering resources is a must.