Title: Executive Assistant
Purpose: To facilitate the effective ministry of FCBC by serving the pastoral team in excellence, in a Christ-like spirit. This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor.
Function: While the overall function of the Executive Assistant will be to provide the pastoral team, especially the Executive Pastor with administrative assistance, maintaining a cheerful,_noemailanized and friendly atmosphere for all who enter the office area; meeting the needs of guests, volunteers, and congregational members, the successful candidate must also possess the following
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with persons both internal and external to FCBC
• Be exceedingly well_noemailanized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting the office of the Executive Pastor in the daily performance of her duties and functions.
• Demonstrate the ability to interact with the pastoral team, Church leaders, ministry leaders and other staff in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
• Have expert level written and verbal_noemailmunication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
• Communicate and handle i_noemailing and outgoing electronic_noemailmunications on behalf of the Executive Pastor.
• Answer phones and direct all i_noemailing calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
• Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary.
• Arrange speaking engagements, travel schedule and reservations for the Executive Pastor as needed
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
• Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
• Knowledge of FCBC theology, philosophy and history
• 5+ years experience supporting at the executive level
• Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of_noemailplex leadership meetings
• Experience assisting senior management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management