To develop, enhance, and expand the music and worship ministry of FBC as it relates to the broader mission of the church: "to produce fully devoted followers of Jesus who love God and people", with an emphasis on young adults.
He/she will provide spiritual leadership for those involved in the worship ministry, and work in partnership with the members of the ministry staff to create meaningful worship experiences in both of our services that lead worshippers to center their hearts and minds on God, utilizing all the arts for this purpose.
He/she will be responsible for providing oversight for all worship experiences, directing all staff and volunteers engaged in worship ministries, developing the leadership and talents of the body of FBC in order to meet the worship vision, and delivering meaningful worship experiences.
- Deep love for Jesus Christ and for people of every age
- Spiritually mature
- Passion and gifts in leading worship
- Experience in leading worship in a public setting
- Ability to help create a vision for the direction of the worship ministry
- Willingness to embrace and abide by the mission, core values, and constitution of First Baptist Church
- Ability to lead a band in worship
- Working knowledge and basic understanding of written music (vocal harmony and music theory)
- Desire to develop others' talents and abilities
- Respect for all age groups and their preferences
- Passion for and gifted in music
- Ability to direct entire worship service
- Transparency and humility as a worship leader