Trinity Lutheran Church
Category: Combined Positions
Posted on: January 11, 2011
JOB TITLE: Family Life Pastor of Children's and Youth Ministries
The Family Life Pastor is supervised under the direction of the Senior Pastor with a primary focus on supervision with both the Children's and Youth Ministry Leadership Teams. The Family Life Pastor works with the Senior Pastor and the Children's and Youth Directors to coordinate the Children's and Youth spiritual ministries of the congregation and is involved in pastoral duties as mutually agreed upon.
The Family Life Pastor will be required to lead, promote and oversee the spiritual development of our families consisting of our children and youth. The Family Life Pastor must demonstrate a genuine call of God upon his/her life, have the ability to work efficiently, exercise good time management in team situations as well as individually, and possess the ability to_noemailmunicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people in the congregation and_noemailmunity.
A. Pastor's Devotional Life: To the best of the Family Life Pastor's ability and with the help of God:
1. Personally engage in a disciplined devotional "Quiet Time" each day for prayer and Bible reading.
2. Pastorally support in personal intercession every member of Trinity congregation and especially those members know to be suffering with spiritual, mental or emotional trails.
3. Pastorally share in devotional prayer and meditation during pastoral, administrative, and faculty meetings as arranged by the Senior Pastor.
B. Visitation: Primary visitation will be to the Members Families of our Children and Youth. In addition, visitation to Prospect Families with Children and Youth.
C. Team Responsibilities
1. Supervise Children's Ministry Director.
2. Supervise Youth Ministry Director.
D. Oversee and Coordinate the Confirmation Ministry for our 7th and 8th grade youth.
E. Administration: The Family Life Pastor serves under the direction of the Senior Pastor and authority of the Lay Ministry Leadership Team, with primary assigned responsibilities to Family Ministries consisting of the Children's and Youth Ministry Leadership Teams.
Responsibilities shall be as follows:
1. The normal workweek for the Family Life Pastor shall be approximately 50 total hours. A pastor is always "on call" and available to serve, but not required to always being "on the job." A weekly guide to determine a framework of time requirements and in scheduling work times shall be a follows:
Children's Ministry & Pastoral Supervision and Involvement
Youth Ministry & Pastoral Supervision and Involvement
General Visitation (sick and shut-in, hospital to families of children ad youth.
Office Time (staff meetings and