Email for full Job description Assistant Director of Preschool (NAPS)
Status: Full time; Salary;
Reports to the Preschool Director; Children's Ministry Director
Position Summary: To help the Director NAPS Director administer the day-to-day operation of the preschool program in accordance with the policies adopted by the Church Administrative Council and ministers to children and families by helping the director and teachers provide excellent care for children while teaching them about the love of Christ.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college and at least one year of full time work experience with young children in a group setting; OR_noemailpletion of a two-year college training course and at least two years of full-time work experience with young children in a group setting; OR High school diploma (or GED) and at least four years of full-time work experience with young children in a group setting.
2. Physically, mentally and emotionally stable
3. Valid Tennessee Driver's License,_noemailmercial Driver's License is also preferred.
4. Devoted believer of Christ who has healthy relationships with others, willingness to share their personal experiences of Christ with others and understands ministry to children and families and strives to consistently grow in their Christian faith.
5. Attendance of at least 12 hours annually in workshops, training or one-to-one consulting sessions after the first year of 18 hours is_noemailpleted.
6. Current updated certification of infant/child first aid and infant/child CPR.
7. Fulfill employment requirements by passing a_noemailplete background check as outlined in the Tennessee Minimum Standard.
8. Knowledge of or willingness to learn of the rules and regulations of the Tennessee Minimum Standard.
9. An excitement and_noemailmitment to the mission and vision of the Church and willingness to positively promote the church and sees this ministry as an evangelistic tool to introduce families and children to Christ.
10. Flexibility and cooperation when a situation shows the need for change.
11. Christian character through a life of prayer, spiritual discipline and leadership in participation in the life of the Church.
12. High energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
13. Positive attitude at all times with all staff, parents, and anyone related to the program. Must be able to help diffuse negativity and have a consistently positive attitude.
1. To learn about or be familiar with the Safe Sanctuary Policies and Procedures as provided by the Director of Children's Ministry and strictly adhere to all Safe Sanctuary rules and procedures.
2. Help provide appropriate care and protection for the children with top priority given to their health and safety concerns.
3.Organize a music program for children and help coordinate yearly performances by the children.