*UPDATED July 2012*
Trinity United Methodist Church is seeking a dynamic, visionary leader to direct its existing Contemporary Worship ministry. Trinity, located on Forest Avenue in Richmond, VA, (www.trinityumc_noemail), has a 13-year-old Contemporary Worship ministry with average weekly attendance of approx. 200 worshipers, as well as two traditional services. The Contemporary ministry is led by a Praise Team with approx. 15 to 20 active participants (singers, band, and media support), which is in need of a leader and musical director with a demonstrated passion for Contemporary Christian music and worship.
1. Act as the primary Worship Leader for weekly and special contemporary services.
2. Develop,_noemailmunicate, lead, and maintain a dynamic vision for the future of contemporary worship at Trinity, as our ministry grows and evolves over time.
3. Recruit, train and lead The Praise Team, including selecting and directing music, developing internal leaders, maintaining equipment.
4. Provide the Praise Team, a small group ministry, with Spiritual Leadership.
5. Oversee all technical aspects/support pertinent to contemporary worship.
6. Supervise & mentor the Youth Praise Team.
7. Full Time postion, salary negotiable.
The candidate must possess:
* passion for, and knowledge of, Contemporary Christian music;
* talent for developing and projecting a vision for our ministry;
* demonstrated musical leadership ability;
* spiritual leadership, with a theological basis that does not conflict with the Methodist canon.
* superior_noemailanizational skills.
The ideal candidate should have experience which may include: similar prior employment, internships, or volunteer work; some level of formal musical education or equivalent demonstrated ability; some level of formal theological education.
Please submit resume to tumcworship@gmail_noemail by 8/31/12. View full details at www.trinityumc_noemail. Include any relevant You Tube videos (e.g., candidate leading a worship service, musical demonstration, ect).