1. Love of children and families.
2. Active in a Christian congregation
3. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (or_noemailmensurate experience) Plus, a minimum of 18 semesters hours in courses directly related to child care and/or child development from birth to age six.
4. A minimum of five years experience in teaching, supervision, or administration in an educational setting. (administration in a church school setting preferred)
5. Proven ability to manage, oversee, mentor, and evaluate a group of staff
6. Willingness and ability to work in cooperation with the larger mission of the church.
7. Proven ability to work constructively with parents and families of children of all backgrounds.
8. Administrative abilities in the area of basic finances & budgeting.
9. Organized, creative, enthusiastic, patient, and resourceful.
10. At least 21 years of age.
The Director oversees and administrates three weekday children's programs of the church – a full-day early childhood learning center, a 3 day a week preschool, and an afterschool/summer program for school age children. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
FAITH LEADER: First and foremost, the director is a church staff member who lives and leads from a place of Christian faith. Christ Community is a growing and dynamic place, and a director is needed who is ready to grow in their own faith walk and model that growth to others.
EDUCATIONAL LEADER: Within all programs overseen by the director, education of young people is the priority. As director, oversight of all training, curriculum, and materials helps make all the programs attain the high standards expected.
PERSONNEL & ADMINISTRATION: The director is responsible for approximately twenty staff spanning three different programs. An upbeat, inspiring, and gifted manager of people with key_noemailanization skills.
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT: The director is uniquely positioned to see the current opportunities as well as to vision for future possibilities. From grant writing to dreaming, the director is always looking down the road.