Calvary Bible Church
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: April 13, 2011
The role of the CMD is to coordinate programs in pursuit of the mission stated above.
The strategy is to provide Bible-based programs in a safe environment that encourage:
- Faith entering and enjoying life in Christ in the family of God
- Friendship enjoying other children who are also growing in their faith
- Fun enjoying the Christian life at a kid-friendly level of learning and experience
The current_noemailanizational structure in Children's Ministry is two major divisions Early Childhood (ages 0-Pre-K) and Elementary (K-5th grade).
The current programs in Children's Ministry include:
- Sunday Morning
Early Childhood Care for ages 0 - Pre-K
Elementary Sunday School for K 5th Grades
Elementary Children's Church for K 5th Grades
- Wednesday Evening Midweek Program during the school year (approx. Sep May)
- Seasonal Events
Children's Christmas Program (December)
Vacation Bible School (Summer)
The vital traits of the Children's Ministry Director include:
- a clear profession of faith in Christ and consistent Christian character
- a servant's heart, a love for children, a passion to be a children's ministry "champion"
- agreement with the doctrine and mission and leadership of CBC
- skills in_noemailmunication, recruitment,_noemailanization and administration
- a passion for the Gospel and a heart for the lost
- training and education related to children and ministry (bachelor's degree preferred)
- experience in children's ministry (staff role preferred but volunteer time considered)
The specific areas of responsibility of the CMD include:
- Staffing (recruit, screen, equip, encourage volunteers for children's programs)
- Curriculum (preview, secure, implement program curriculum from reputable_noemailpanies)
- General Needs (maintain basic equipment, supplies, and records)
- Coordination (with supervisor and other staff and ministries for maximum impact)
- General Involvement (as a member in the life of the church)
Average weekly hours for the CMD is an estimated 40 hours.
The job involves two major divisions Early Childhood and Elementary. One full time person is preferred but part time applicants for each division will be considered.
- For more information about our church, see www.calvarybibleefree_noemail.
- To make inquiries, or to submit information electronically, e-mail cbc@calvarybibleefree_noemail
- To submit information by hard copy, mail to: Calvary Bible Church, 2587 East Armour Road, Bourbonnais, IL 60914, or fax to 815-932-4833.