Primary Purpose of Position:
To serve St. James youth by developing, coordinating and administering an effective and_noemailprehensive ministry to the junior/senior high and their families. To provide leadership and supervision to the volunteers and other members involved in this ministry. To be proactive in reaching new teens for Christ.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop, coordinate and guide a_noemailprehensive ministry for the youth of St. James.
2. Develop one-on-one relationships with youth by being a friend and a positive role model.
3. Teach regular Sunday morning classes and midweek Bible Studies and establish midweek fellowship groups for nurturing and discipling.
4. Develop and disciple youth leaders. Also, recruit, train and motivate other volunteers for leadership in youth ministries.
5. Communicate program plans with parents through regular mailings, parent meetings, e-mail, etc.
6. Plan and coordinate camps, conferences, retreats and trips.
7. Implement service and missions projects, semi-annually for youth to grow in service to the Lord.
8. Work with appropriate_noemailmittees, vestry and clergy to carry out the youth ministry of the church.
9. Attend staff meetings and retreats
Key Relationships: Youth and their parents, Clergy and Children/Family Ministry Director
Qualifications and Gift Assessment:
Living in relationship with the Lord
Passion for youth students' spiritual development
Strong leadership & teaching skills
Ability to model healthy relationships with parents
Proactive – initiates and follows through to action
Proficient with written and verbal_noemailmunication