I. Build relationships and trust with the youth and their families of Christ Community Lutheran Church [CCLC] in which they are loved, accepted, and guided in their personal faith.
II. Help establish a solid foundation of youth ministry in a consistent and progressive manner that encourages faith maturation and relationships.
III. Provide leadership and supervision of KidZ Landing, After School and Summer Program [KidZ].
1. Love of children, youth, and their families.
2. A strong and active Christian faith.
3. Familiarity and_noemailfort with the theology and practices of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America OR a genuine willingness to learn.
4. Previous experience with youth.
5. Eligible under Illinois DCFS Licensing standards.
6. At least 21 years of age.
Christ Community is a young and growing congregation of the ELCA with many families with young children who are growing into adolescence. This dual position exists to implement ministry to youth in grades 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12 AND to oversee a paid after school and summer program for children in Kindergarten through 6th grade. A strong, active, Christian faith and a love of young people is an absolute must to be satisfied and successful in this position. Organization, creativity, and flexibility will be great assets as well.