First Presbyterian Church Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa, CA
Posted on: September 21, 2011
To Session through its Worship Committee with direct supervision provided by the Pastor and Head of Staff.
1. Plan, coordinate, and present music for the 11:15 am contemporary worship service.
2. Search and select contemporary music to contribute to all worship services.
3. In conjunction with the pastors and worship planning team, plan the flow of the 11:15 am worship service on a weekly basis to ensure elements of worship are integrated and productive.
4. Build a worship praise band through recruiting, scheduling, and rehearsing with musicians; namely: keyboardists, guitarists, percussionists and vocalists, who will lead the congregation in worship with a contemporary music format.
5. Reinforce the development of a contemporary worship culture through skillful and_noemailpetent presentations of contemporary musical selections.
1. Compile and maintain a constantly evolving collection of worship songs that are likeable, sing-able, and worshipful.
2. Schedule and coordinate facility use (in conjunction with staff) for related contemporary music rehearsals.
3. As directed, attend pertinent staff related events.
Hours & Work Schedule:
Role expectations and task descriptions are summarized below in descending order of priority and job importance. Time allocations, calculated on a weekly average, may vary from week-to-week.
Responsibility Tasks Time/Week Job %
Plan, coordinate, and present music for the 11:15 AM worship service through the development of a praise band of musicians. Supervise the job performance of all volunteer musicians.
15 hrs 75%
Research, build, and maintain a music library of contemporary songs and musical resources necessary to support their presentation.
5 hrs 25%
Experienced_noemailbo musician (instrumental and/or vocal), skilled in leading and performing contemporary music.
Ability to read music, preferred.
Effective_noemailanization and_noemailmunication skills.
Ability to work successfully with persons of diverse background and interests.