Hayes Barton United Methodist Church in Raleigh, NC is searching for a dynamic part-time Director of Contemporary Music. This person will be a vital member of our contemporary worship design team and will supervise musicians, vocalists and media persons for our weekly contemporary worship service. Hayes Baron is a growing church with a multi-generational congregation. The church is known for vibrant worship and life changing outreach programs.
- A vocalist to lead worship from guitar, keyboard or both; able to articulate the gospel with enthusiasm creating an exciting and we_noemailing worship atmosphere
- A bachelors' degree in music is helpful but not required
- Experience in planning creative and innovative worship
- Knowledge of United Methodist theology is preferred
- Ability to recruit, develop, and lead worship team volunteers
- Skilled in arranging instrumental and vocal music
- Knowledge of and experience in using music and media software (Media Shout)
- A passionate, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A teachable spirit
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- A life-long learner
- Growing leadership abilities
The Director of Contemporary Music will report directly to the Director of Creative Arts for accountability and evaluation.
All applicants must submit the following items:
1. A digital resume with at least three references submitted via email to hbumcsearch@gmail_noemail
2. Video and/or audio digital recordings demonstrating the singing and playing abilities of the applicant and/or the applicant leading worship or performing in a worship setting
Submission of links to web/inte_noemail accessible examples are preferred (use email address above)
Submission of examples on removable media will be accepted, please mail to:
Director of Creative Arts
Hayes Barton United Methodist Church
2209 Fairview Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27608
Applications must be received no later than October 31, 2011.