The Interim Pastor will be responsible for providing pastoral duties as indicated by the following:
1. Prepare for and preach at worship services on Sunday Morning
2. Prepare for and lead mid-week Bible study service
3. Minister to the sick in the hospitals and nursing homes
4. Participate in church outreach and visit prospective members
5. Counsel with members in crisis
6. Meet with the Administrative Board Members and the Council of Ministry
7. Attend other church functions (e.g. senior fellowship meetings, prayer breakfasts, etc.)
Goals for this ministry shall be:
1. Maintenance of a healthy congregational life.
2. Continuity of pastoral leadership.
3. Preparation of the congregation for the arrival of a new pastor.
The Interim Pastor agrees to support the Pastoral Search Committee in its pursuit of a full time lead pastor.
The Interim Pastor understands he/she cannot be considered as a candidate for the lead pastor position.
ALL APPLICANTS WISHING TO APPLY FOR THE LEAD PASTOR POSITION FOR CORNERSTONE GOSPEL CHURCH SHOULD SEND THEIR RESUME TO pastorsearch@cgchurch_noemail TO THE ATTENTION OF RODNEY SMITH. All resumes are confidential.
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."