Lake Highlands United Methodist Church
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: January 12, 2012
Job Title: Children's Part-Time Coordinator
Location: Lake Highlands United Methodist Church
Reports To: Director of Family Ministries and Christian Education
Prepared By: Trish Callis
To assist the Director of Family Ministries and Christian Education in providing and directing children's programming (newborn through grade 6), with the ultimate goal of helping children_noemaile to know, love and serve Jesus Christ. This individual will also gain on-the-job experience in learning how to run an effective Children's Ministry program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sunday mornings – be sure teachers have arrived on time and have the supplies they need.
2. Select Sunday school curriculum for elementary ages.
3. Arrange Sunday school teacher training through the curriculum provider.
4. Recruit Sunday school teachers and shepherds.
5. Plan and_noemailanize Sunday school teacher appreciations.
6. Help_noemailanize special ministries and events such as Vacation Bible School,
Route 56, and 3rd Grade Bible Presentation and Retreat.
7. Develop and implement new programs.
8. Develop a list of Sunday school supplies needed and seek laity to_noemailanize them for the teachers.
9. Organize the publicity of children's activities.
10. Write Kid's Corner weekly to aid in_noemailmunicating with the families.
11. Email Sunday school teachers weekly with updates.
12. Be willing to fill in for Sunday school teachers if a substitute can't be found.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Stable, mature Christian
Able to_noemailmunicate well with children and parents