Northshore Christian Church
Posted on: January 13, 2012
The Worship Band Director - Music & Worship Ministry is responsible for the proper functioning of the main worship band, as well as the additional worship bands in various NCC ministries. This person will recruit, train and rehearse these bands on a weekly basis. This position reports directly to Music & Worship Pastor.
COMPENSATION based upon experience.
1. Gifted and well trained instrumentalist (Guitar or Keyboards)
2. Bachelor's degree in Music Performance or Music Education preferred.
3. Ability to arrange using current technology and software platforms (Finale, Sibelius, etc) preferred.
4. Ability to lead worship preferred.
5. Desire to identify, recruit and train volunteer musicians with the goal of having them participate in leading worship at a corporate event.
6. 3-5 years experience preferred directing or functioning in a lead position of a contemporary worship band.
7. Possess excellent_noemailmunication skills while interacting with different personalities and varying levels of musicianship.
8. Ability to_noemailmunicate effectively with a rhythm section emphasizing the need for unity and a "team" perspective.
9. Possess excellent_noemailanizational and analytical skills for the purposes of short and long term planning.
10. Willing to have a visible presence within the Northshore_noemailmunity and outside in the greater Puget Sound area as well.
11. Must be available for and participate in all weekend services, special times of worship and large church-wide events.
12. Experience with multiple styles of music that are reflective of different musical genres.