We are seeking an experienced pastor to serve as full-time senior pastor for the Raleigh Vineyard Church in NC. Our church has been a Vineyard since 1994 and now has about 150 adults as well as 75 children and youth. Our church worship area seats about 450 and we have 4 worship team leaders and a full_noemailplement of ministries, including a food pantry that served over 800 this past month. Our senior pastor recently resigned and we now have 2 full time co-pastors, and part-time admin and children's ministry leader. Raleigh is the capital of NC, has major universities in the area, has a high quality of life, and a county population of over 920,000. Our church is diverse in culture, race, education and economic status.
We are an empowered evangelical church that holds strongly to Vineyard Association beliefs and values (see www.vineyardusa_noemail ). We desire a senior pastor who is called to lead a church toward healthy spiritual maturity, an inviting climate for those who are seeking God, and a collaborative style of leadership within and across ministries. Our pastor should nurture the full expression of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, provide sound Biblical teaching, and have demonstrated gifting in leadership of a church with a broad set of ministries. We seek a pastor experienced in raising up and empowering leaders across the church with the ability to connect well to those who need ministerial support. Our church vision: "Experiencing and extending God's life-changing love."
Prerequisites for Senior Pastor:
1. An ongoing, demonstrated, healthy personal relationship with Jesus Christ; an absolute_noemailmitment to the biblical qualifications of an Elder and heart of an Elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-11, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5: 2-3 and the_noemailmitment to preach the Gospel as outlined in 1 Thessalonians 2: 5-8.
2. A God-given heart and calling to people of all ages, ethnicities, cultures, and backgrounds, especially heartfelt brokenness for the un-churched and those not yet_noemailmitted to Jesus.
3. Mature teaching and pastoral leadership gifts. Administrative gifts, while not a pre-requisite, are desired.
4. A proven history of Ministry Leadership as the Senior Pastor or Associate Pastor of a church that shares the values and ministry priorities of the Vineyard Church.
5. An ordained minister with a 4-year degree from an accredited college and additional training or education in theology and ministry.
6. Exercises faith, passion and tenacity to develop, oversee, and grow ministries that result in changed lives.
7. A meaningful experience of Holy Spirit gifting as a minister of the Gospel and_noemailmitment to operate in the full expression of God's gifts today.
8. Proven history as a team player and developer of other leaders who maintains constructive and supportive relationships with both colleagues and volunteers to effectively build relationships, utilize giftedness of others and build church cohesiveness.