Chambersburg Brethren In Christ Church (CBIC), located in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania is in the process of succession planning. The church leadership desires to bring on a dynamic and personable associate pastor to gradually transition into the senior pastor position as the senior pastor gradually transitions into an administrative leadership role. The person who wishes to fill this position needs the following skills and gifts [in priority order]: (1) a heart for people, (2) dynamic_noemailmunicator/preacher, (3) leadership, (4) counselor and (5) administration. This candidate will be working closely with the senior pastor and will be mentored to possibly b_noemaile the next senior pastor of CBIC. Below is listed the job description of the position; a job description that will allow the associate pastor to experience all areas of the church prior to the before mentioned transition. For information about the denomination go to www.bic-church_noemail and for information about the church go to www.chambersburgbic_noemail. Please send resume, cover letter and references to Pastor Larry Locke at larry@chambersburgbic_noemail or mail to CBIC at 465 Center Street, Chambersburg, Pa. 17201.
Provide assistance to the Senior Pastor and church leadership in the oversight of all church programming; programming that is designed to fulfill CBIC's vision statement and move people to greater spiritual maturity.
1. Be able to preach and teach from the pulpit and in a class/small group setting.
a) Will be expected to fill the pulpit at the request of the Senior Pastor
b) May be asked to teach during other services
c) May be asked to substitute teach Sunday school or lead a small group bible study
2. Assist and provide insight to the Senior Pastor and other staff. Be available to offer ideas, assistance, and advice to both church workers and the congregation.
a) Have the spiritual maturity to advise others
b) Be a self starter to help new programs get started productively
3. Help all department leaders as needed to equip the people for works of service. (Ephesians 4:11ff)
a) Assist in team/leadership training for Ministry Leaders in the church;
b) Help leaders to equip and train others.
c) Assist in various departments as assigned by the senior pastor.
4. Assist the Senior Pastor and work with the Deacon Team in ministering to the bereaved, ill, and hospitalized members of the church and to other persons for whom ministry is requested by church members.
a) Make visits to those hospitalized, counsel and pray with them;
b) Counsel and pray with their family members.
5. Assist the Senior Pastor in the ministry of counseling members and other persons who are in need of spiritual or emotional guidance.
a) Be available as needed to counsel those who request your pastoral services;
b) Keep the Senior Pastor and Deacons informed as to members' needs and medical circumstances.
6. Use administrative skills to oversee minis