• A desire to make disciples for Jesus Christ
• Junior College degree at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in working with children preferred
• Good_noemailanizational skills
• Good written and verbal_noemailmunication skills and ability to use_noemailputer
• A pleasant disposition and a cooperative attitude toward other staff
• To coordinate and supervise kindergarten through high school youth programs and activities
• To work with Church Council in the development of programs for children/youth educational ministries of the Church that are spiritually centered.
• Act as a liaison between church membership and children/youth activities.
• Enlist lay persons for the children & youth educational ministries of church, including:
o Sunday School
o Vacation Bible school
o Youth ministries
o Children’s Christmas program
o Easter Sunrise Service
o Youth camping programs
o Training Events – seminars, workshops
• Encourage the participation of the Adult church membership in denominational and ecumenical educational ministries
• To work with the Church Council and assist in implementing adult educational programs
• To work with the Church Council in the development of policies for all educational ministries of the church
• Assist in developing an overall plan for the purchase of equipment and supplies for the educational ministries of the Church
• Advise in the development and expansion of church library
• Attend Church Council meetings regularly and attend any other church meetings affecting the educational ministry of the Church
• Assist with the annual budget by making r_noemailmendations for children/youth ministries of the Church
• Carry out any other responsibilities or duties assigned by the minister and/or the Staff Parish Relations_noemailmittee or Church Council.
BENEFITS & PROCEDURES:
1. The Church Council, at the r_noemailmendation of the Staff Parish Relations_noemailmittee, shall set the salary for this position.
2. The Director will have a 5 day work week. Sunday is considered a work day.
3. Paid vacation shall consist of 2 weeks per year, accruing at a rate of .1925 days/week employed, after 3 months of employment. Increases to 3 weeks of vacation per year after the 5th anniversary of sequential employment.
4. Legal holidays shall be granted unless they fall on Sunday and include New Year’s Day, Monday after Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday, and Christmas Day.
5. Sick and emergency leave shall be allowed at a rate of 12 days per year
(non-accumulative). A sick leave or vacation form shall be_noemailpleted and filed in the church office, following any absence.
6. The Church shall provide office space and necessary furnishings.
7. The services of the Church’s office manager will be available to the Director.
8. The Director shall attend at least one seminar or per ye