Mitchell Berean Church
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: March 19, 2012
The purpose of the Young Families Pastor Position is to provide vision, leadership and
oversight for all facets of Children's Ministry (nursery through 6th grade) in alignment
with the mission, core values and philosophy of ministry of Mitchell Berean Church.
1. The individual is a "born again believer in Christ and has a consistent, growing
walk with the Lord.
2. The individual endorses the MBC and Berean Fundamental Council constitutions.
3. The individual has the conviction, passion and giftedness to equip and lead.
(Ephesians 4:12; John 13:5)
4. The individual feels God's call upon his life for this position.
1. Champion a vision for children, and Children's Ministry at MBC consistent with
our philosophy, mission and core values. (See www.mitchellberean_noemail)
2. Communicate the vision and purpose of ministry to the Children's Ministry
Leaders, children and their parents.
3. Develop a Team-based ministry structure throughout the Children's Ministry.
4. Oversee the Children's Ministries from Nursery – 6th grade, which includes:
a. recruiting, training, encouraging and rotating Children's Leaders,
b. developing leader training material that incorporates teaching methods and
strategies unique to teaching children,
c. providing quarterly meeting, prayer & accountability time with leaders,
d. reviewing and selecting age appropriate curriculum,
e. assimilating children into their age appropriate groups,
5. Recruit and oversee the Children's Church Coordinator and the Nursery
Coordinator with their following responsibilities:
a. recruiting, training, encouraging of workers,
b. scheduling workers, distribution of schedules and reminders, and
c. cleaning and disinfecting toys, bedding, furniture, etc. in rooms.
6. Meet monthly with Children's Ministry Leaders to discuss trends and future
7. Lead the week of Vacation Bible School during the Summer, which includes:
a. recruiting, training and encouraging VBS workers,
b. reviewing and selecting the curriculum, and
c. directing during the week of VBS.
8. Regularly evaluate the various Children's Ministries and activities as to
effectiveness and make necessary adjustments.
9. Apply and implement standards to ensure children's safety and to meet
requirements of the law.
10.Partner with parents to help them expand their spiritual influence in their
11.Develop and manage a yearly ministry plan and budget