First Presbyterian Church
Lake City, FL
Posted on: March 20, 2012
The Director of Music and Worship coordinates with the Pastor in carrying out the theological and philosophical vision of the church for weekely services by planning liturgies, writing and arranging music and leading the worship service.
1. Plan and lead music and worship on Sunday mornings.
2. Plan weekly liturgies.
3. Direct and coordinate weekly participation of instrumentalists and vocalists.
4. Recruit, train and oversee volunteers and substitutes for weekly production of services.
5. Direct Special Programming: write, arrange and_noemailpose music for Sunday morning and holiday/special services.
6. Direct audio/visual team.
7. Plan and lead weekly rehearsals with musicians and vocalists.
8. Cultivate a theological heart and philosophical vision of the pastor in core leaders.
9. Maintain or oversee maintenance of all musical instruments.
10. Attend staff and Worship Committee meetings.
(Other duties may be added as needed in time.)
1. 5-8 years experience in leading music and worship.
2. Ability to arrange and_noemailpose music.
3. Possess a heart for this ministry.
4. Dependability, punctuality and professional zeal.
5. Ability to relate to people of all ages.
6. Organizational and team management skills.
7. Ability to plan and implement a variety of church music, including but not limited to: contemporary, traditional, praise and spiritual.
8. BA degree in music is preferred, but not mandatory if applicant has a strong musical background.
9. Voice and instrumental abilities preferred.
10. Ability to work well with Pastor and staff.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Minimum salary is $50,000 plus health, pension and vacation benefits. Salary may be negotiable depending on experience and "fit" with the congregation.
2. This is a full-time, exempt position.
3. Employee is subject to annual performance reviews.
4. Employee must abide with the policies and procedures of the Lake City Presbyterian Church Operations Manual and the Presbyterian Book of Order (The Constitution of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A.)
5. Employee will_noemailmit to the church for all holiday and special services.