Grace Lutheran Church
Posted on: May 09, 2012
PURPOSE: To serve the church by developing, coordinating and administering an inspiring music and worship ministry of Grace Lutheran Church relevant and meaningful in the lives of our people.
STRATEGY: Grace Lutheran Church is transforming into a "Lay Oriented" church, functioning around small groups, ministry teams, lay empowerment, and spiritual gifts. The role of staff is to identify, recruit, equip, and empower laity to live out their spiritual gifts in a ministry they choose.
This person is first and foremost a servant leader with a passion to know, glorify and enjoy God. He/she finds joy in equipping others for ministry and in unleashing the church to be "throughout-the-week" worshipers. This individual will over see the development and blending of music, media, drama and other art forms to prompt the church in corporate worship and celebrate the grace and glory of God.
KEY QUALITIES: A heart for God, strong musical and leadership gifts; warm relational skills; must have a strong background in liturgical worship as well as contemporary venues.
We are looking for a person who:
1. Exhibits versatility with a variety of styles of music and media.
2. Encourages high standards of spiritual_noemailmitment and musical excellence in participants.
3. Exudes a contagious enthusiasm for music ministries and abilities to recruit volunteers.
4. Possesses a deep Christ-centered spirituality and encourages others to grow in their faith.
5. Enjoys teaming with others to a_noemailplish various ministry tasks.
6. Has a minimum of a Bachelor's of Music and 5 years experience in a large program-oriented church.