Conover , NC
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: May 17, 2012
The role of the Pastor of Children's Ministries is to oversee, supervise and develop the educational and experiential opportunities for children 0-5th grade. The Pastor of Children's Ministries will work alongside the Senior Pastor and MLT to carry out the mission of
- Developing goals and objectives for Children's in line with the strategic plan.
- Identifying and testing curriculum resources, whether_noemailmercially produced or developed by pastoral staff.
- Recruit, train and work with volunteers to strengthen their ministry abilities.
- Assessing ministry needs and developing goals and activities to meet those needs.
- Serving as a motivating, inspiring and engaging teacher to our children on a regular/weekly basis as part of a larger plan for their spiritual development.
- Developing an environment that is safe, clean, supportive, and cultivates spiritual growth.
- Addressing specific personal and spiritual needs of children as they arise through one-on-one or small group meetings, school visits, or other connections appropriate to the circumstances. Identifying lay staff and lay volunteer resources and needs.
- Developing lay leaders who can love, nurture and lead our children effectively.
- Development and implementation of an annual calendar of activities and programs that are inclusive and promote relationship development and discipleship.
- Development and management of the annual budget for the Children's Ministry.
- Establish and maintain good_noemailmunication with parents: including check-in/out system, snack notification, process for parent emergencies.
- Routinely inspect equipment, toys and supplies. Restock supplies when needed.
- Develop, post and enforce policies to ensure that staff is familiar with nursery policies and facilities.
- Provide needed information for: volunteer background checks.
- Obtain and keep a library of picture books and music/songs on cassettes or CDs.
- Schedule nursery caregivers for worship services and special church wide events in which nursery care is needed.
1. Background experience in child care or early childhood development.
2. Must be a nurturing, caring, patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children.
3. Must have experience in Christian education.
4. Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children.
5. Excellent_noemailanizational skills
6. CPR and First Aid certification required.
7. Must be 21 years of age or older.