Calvary Baptist Church
Category: Children's Pastor & Children's Ministry
Posted on: June 29, 2012
Accountability and Staff Relationships
Reports to the Senior Pastor; accountable to the Senior Pastor and Governing Board; interacts with the entire church staff to promote the highest quality ministry possible; supports the vision of the Senior Pastor and church leadership; contributes to the ministry staff team.
1. Bachelor's degree or higher
2. called to children's ministry - a passion to reach children with the life-changing Gospel of Christ
3. training and experience in childhood development and/or education preferred
4. prior leadership in children's ministry (volunteer or paid)
5. self starter, multi-tasker; teachable spirit; team oriented – gets enjoyment from and adds life to the teams they lead and interact with
6._noemailmunity-minded – eager and burdened to bring the bright light to the darkness of Yankton and the surrounding areas
7. passionate about relationships – connecting with children first and their families; spiritually mature – a desire to know and live God's Word and the skill to teach those Godly truths to children and families
8. creative- thinks "outside the box"; relational – a "people person"
9._noemailmitment to excellence in everything
10. Church membership is required upon employment.
Mature and growing Christian faith in all areas of their life; maintains a daily devotion to God through study of the Bible, prayer, fellowship and personal ministry; seeks God for wisdom in all decisions; always tithes; a servant's heart
1. The Children's Ministry Director (CMD) will engage in regular prayer for volunteers, children and their families
2. The CMD will partner with The Children's Leadership Team to provide relevant, family-focused ministry with parental involvement to expand the spiritual influence of their children
3. oversee all aspects of child safety, wellness and security on church p