Trinity United Methodist Church, located on Forest Avenue in Richmond, VA, (www.trinityumc_noemail), is seeking a qualified & experienced_noemailmunications candidate, to serve as the Chief Communications Officer for Trinity. This position will report to the Director of Administration, and work closely with a Volunteer Leader of Communications, to develop & implement the Communications plan for the church; including internal & external messaging about the identity of Trinity. Salary is $12,000 a year for 12hrs a week, flexible hours are negotiable.
1. Develops and implements Trinity's Internal & External Communications Plan, including preparing and administering the budget for the plan.
2. Establish Trinity's Communication Policies and Procedures.
3. Produces Trinity's_noemailmunication materials; including brochures, worship materials, Inte_noemail sites & social media presence. This includes maintaining and updating the Trinity Website, Facebook page and other social media tools. The Communication Coordinator will also oversee the design and production of print, video, and web materials for use around the church; including producing and distributing a weekly TUMC email highlighting u_noemailing events. The Coordinator will create and ensure a consistent look and feel to all of Trinity's_noemailmunication materials.
4. Builds staff & congregation awareness on the effective use of_noemailmunication, marketing and media tools and strategies.
5. Creates publicity for church programs and events within the congregation and in the_noemailmunity. This includes creating/maintaining targeted promotional signage (ex: signs targets towards the preschool_noemailmunity).
6. Recruits volunteers and/or staff to build teams to support all areas of church_noemailmunications, and works with them to identify new opportunities to reinforce the place/identity/brand of Trinity in the_noemailmunity
7. Negotiates and coordinates with external vendors/partners as needed.
1. Exceptional written & verbal_noemailmunication skills.
2. Experienced with graphic design technology & tools.
3. Track record of creating/implementing_noemailmunication plans, including developing the materials to support those plans.
4. Experience managing Social Media Pages & Print/Media Efforts.
5. Strong_noemailanizational skills for managing multiple projects
6. Good leadership skills for developing a culture that values and protects the integrity of the Trinity identity/brand
7. Ideal candidates would consider themselves "early technology adapters", who are current on all things new with the world, including technology, the inte_noemail and social media. They should have a passion for how the church's vision & identity is translated to people inside and outside the church
8. The ability to work well under pressure, as part of a team, with many moving parts and opinions.
Submit resume to Trinity's email (listed in contact info) by 8/15/12