Palos Park Presbyterian Community Church
Palos Park, IL
Posted on: September 13, 2012
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Organist/A_noemailpanist will report and respond directly to the Director of Music and Worship Ministry. The Organist works with the Pastors and Director of Music and Worship Ministries to plan music for worship services as needed.
2. Provide_noemailan and/or a_noemailpany music for all Sunday morning worship services.
3. Provide_noemailan music for special services such as Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve and other special services as scheduled by PPPCC Session.
4. A_noemailpany Church choirs at rehearsals and on Sundays or special services. Arrange for substitutes in cooperation with Director of Music and Worship Ministry.
5. A_noemailpany singers and/or instrumentalist as assigned by the Director of Music and Worship Ministry for summer services and for other services as needed.
6. Provide_noemailan a_noemailpaniment for church funerals and church weddings, including rehearsal, except when the PPPCC Session has approved an alternative_noemailanist. (Separate remuneration)
7. Be responsible for calling the_noemailan_noemailpany when repairs or maintenance are required. Notify the church office of such times, as well as the Director of Music and Worship Ministry.
8. Attend PPPCC staff and worship meetings as available.
Professional Characteristics and Qualifications:
1. Proficient_noemailanist (AGO or equivalent). Excellent musicianship. Piano and keyboard required. Multi-instrumentalist/vocalist appreciated.
2. Drive to understand, master and integrate the best in traditional and contemporary worship experience.
3. Diligence and creativity, with a true sense of vision.
4. Warm, enthusiastic, and relational personality, with the capacity to work well with both individuals and teams.
5. A minimum of three years (preferred) serving as an_noemailanist in a church or like setting.