Hudson Valley Fellowship
PLEASE INQUIRE ONLY IF YOU LIVE I NY
Hudson Valley Fellowship is seeking a strong, inspirational leader for the position of Senior Pastor. We are especially interested in a person who will be both preacher and teacher. We desire someone who will promote evangelism, preach biblical and contemporary-issue sermons, support children and youth ministry, provide guidance for daily living, and contribute to laity involvement and leadership development.
We have a_noemailmitted congregation with an average weekly attendance of 75 people. Hudson Valley Fellowship is excited about working with a leader to serve our church including outreach to our local_noemailmunity.
Our needs include administrative skills for a developing and growing church and the ability to supervise staff and volunteer members. Hudson Valley Fellowship is blessed to be in Armonk, New York, serving families throughout Westchester County. We are a warm and we_noemailing congregation that highly values family traditions. Our contemporary music program is outstanding, and worship and small groups are important to our church. Hudson Valley Fellowship is an exciting church with a great potential to do great things for God's Kingdom.
Reporting Relationship: The Senior Pastor reports directly to the church Board of Directors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Preaching and Worship Leadership (50%)
1. Prepares and delivers sermons that are relevant and seeker sensitive; challenge members and unchurched alike to b_noemaile fully devoted followers of Christ.
2. Ensures that overall weekly worship services are effective and on target regarding content, style, structure, and design.
➢ Meets weekly with the Worship Leader to critique prior worship services and plan future worship services regarding music selection, transitions, humor, and atmosphere.
3. Suggests and assists with planning of special worship services such as Christmas, Easter, other special programs, and outside speakers with the objective of drawing the unchurched to the service.
➢ Works with staff to ensure timely and proper advertising and publicity.
➢ Plans messages that are relevant and attractive for each occasion.
B. Vision, Creativity, and Strategic Planning (15%)
1. Takes initiative and exhibits creativity in r_noemailmending and implementing the vision of Hudson Valley Fellowship.
2. Leads staff and Board in developing strategic plan and vision for the next three (3) years for Hudson Valley Fellowship.
➢ Determines best opportunities and strategies for outreach and church growth.
➢ Anticipates future staff requirements and r_noemailmends what positions should be filled, changed, and deleted, and in what sequence.
➢ Monitors church growth and r_noemailmends optimum timing and approach regarding church facilities.
3. Takes proactive approach toward identifyi